Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What A Guy!

You know my husband Joe? He's a real nice guy. He would do anything for me, I mean anything. This one time while we were on vacation I was feeling the effects of my monthly friend something fierce and Joe wanted to know if there was anything he could do for me. I was embarrassed but I asked him if he could buy me some Midol. Of course he would, so off to Wal-Mart he went.
So there he was standing in the 20 items or less line, two people in front of him with their purchases. He with only one item in his hand.
The cashier seemed overly friendly. To the first customer, a Mexican man in his fifties, she said, "Oh these look like really nice work boots. I bet they are really durable. They seem so sturdy. Oh and steel toe too? How nice!"
Joe was pretty sure the man didn't speak too much English.
To the second customer, a woman in her forties, she said,
"Ooh sparkly nail polish, my daughter would just love that. That is such a nice color. I'm more of a ruby red nail polish woman myself, but not my daughter she loves sparkles. Barbecue lays? Have you tried that new southwestern chili cheese flavor? It is delicious!"
Then it was Joe's turn. He placed the his lone purchase on the register. The cashier picked it up. She looked at the box then she looked at Joe then she looked down at the the box again and finally back to Joe. As she rang up his only purchase that day, she had an approving smile and an appreciative nod as she said, "Good man! That's very chivalrous. You just don't see men buying things like this for their ladies very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment